“My website has been live for 3 months, and yet I get no traffic to talk about?”
Being part of the website design and web hosting business for over 10 years, I have seen countless clients cancel their hosting services, and even throwing away their domain names.
Personally, I believe that there is no site that is designed, that cannot do well. Any site that has/can be made, can reach its full potential on the Internet.
What the owner of the website does not understand, is that you cannot just put up a website, and expect it to do well. Websites need to be nurtured, optimized, mobilized and marketed, otherwise they WILL fail!
Please view the 6 most important things to do, to get your website noticed, listed, and to make your website “work for you”.
- When considering your website design, many clients overlook the most important aspect of reaching their target market… Mobile and Tablet friendly websites. Is your website viewed on a mobile device or tablet exactly the same as on a desktop? 90% of people will answer “Yes, is that not how it should be?”. The answer is NO. If your website displays the same on mobile and tablet devices, then it has not been optimized for these devices, and 95% of the target market is leaving your page as soon as it is opened. The simple reason is that your website takes too long to load, and all your text is extremely small, and yes you can “zoom” on most devices, but have you ever tried to read a page where you constantly have to scroll left and right to view all the text? Your clients will move on and search for another company. So, most importantly, get your website mobile friendly.
- The second most important thing you can do for your website, is to get a company to optimize your website content and website links. Search engines need to know what your site is about, and honestly, optimization is a daunting task for the beginner / intermediate web builder.
- Once you have an optimized website, you should now ensure that your newly optimized website can be found by the search engines. A professional package to submit your website is key. BEWARE the catches on the Internet that state they will submit your site to thousands of search engines, this is not necessary, AND CAN HURT YOUR WEBSITE RANKINGS! Storm Biz’s submission package is the ideal start to get the search engines to list your domain, and send out their crawlers/spiders or bots to come and add all your pages to their index!
- It is now important for you to take control of your website! To increase traffic, and to keep your visitors coming back to your site, you need to update your content, at least on a weekly basis. If you don’t care for your website, your users will pick up on this, and feel the same about coming back to visit your website! Try to add a new article, or discussion once a week, or if you are selling products, keep adding them on a constant basis. YOUR WEBSITE NEEDS TO GROW!
- Now that your website is growing, you need to market your website, get your brand out there, and ensure that you have incoming links to your site! Firstly, this is not yet the time to spend money on more marketing, now is the time to do some research, and get your website brand on all the business directories out there! There are many directories where you can add your business/website details, for free. Search for directories where you can add your details for free, there are many, and keep your listings in relative categories matching your site content!
- Your final step to succeed is to spend some money… advertise your website with banners or text adverts wherever you can. Use google Ads. This is a sure way to get to the top of search engines! The best form of advertising your website is electronically, so take the time to search for companies that offer banner advertising, or contextual advertising, and make sure that your brand is seen by your target traffic. NO BUSINESS CAN SUCCEED WITHOUT ADVERTISING!
ope that this article will convince you that it is possible to succeed, but only if you are willing to take the time and money, to care for your website!Looking after your site will only ensure that it looks after you in return. Your website should be your best salesman, after all it is out there 24/7, but can it be found if you have not taken the time to ensure its existence?
Please feel free to post this article on your site, as long as all links are left intact!